The extrusion of Hydrophilic TPE’s allows Reddiplex to provide a waterproofing solution that can be used in water retaining and water excluding structures.
When the Hydrophilic TPE’s come into contact with an aqueous liquid with a PH value between PH7-12 the polymer particles swell to form a water tight seal preventing the passage of liquid. The Reddiplex TPE’s have particles in the 500-1000nm size range meaning they are evenly distributed within the base polymers producing a controlled and integral expansion.
We are able to extrude two variations of swell rate:
- Standard swell (beige) 450-500%
- High swell (grey) over 1000%
Reddiplex Hydrophilic Waterstop seals allow offer unique properties:
- Controlled expansion – Does not eject particles when swelling, forming an even controlled expansion
- Improved strength – Holds formation preventing the ejection of particles forming a fragile matrix, improving mechanical strength
- Ease of application – does not need to be completely encapsulated making it suitable for both in-situ and pre-cast concrete applications.
- Recyclability – 100% reliable performance, which will not disintegrate under wet dry cycles.
For more information about Reddiplex’s capabilities please contact us.